Friday 13 April 2012

Channeling Carole King


 I heard an interview on the radio with Carole King, a legendary singer/songwriter.  If you think you don't know any of her songs, you're wrong. You do.  (You Make Me Feel Like a) Natural Woman, anyone? Yeah - Carole King wrote it with her lyricist husband.  Then Aretha Franklin sang it like nobody else ever will.  And if you don't know Aretha - well... there's a big hole in your musical education, just saying.

Anyway, before I hunkered down and did my taxes, I channeled Carole King, whose songs keep sticking in my head until they come out of my mouth.  I popped on my frizzy hair from Lelutka, the comfy new mesh shirt (a find from my Plurk friend Vaki) from Chronokit, Maitreya mesh jeans and League red cropped top, and sang into my hairbrush at the top of my lungs.  Then Clay came in and made me feel like a natural woman (wink).

The poses are from !Bang (top pic) and PDA (bottom pic - currently available at Collabor88).


2 comments:

  1. Oh man, that last pic is WORKING with that mesh shirt! Nicely done!

    ReplyDelete