Tuesday 3 December 2013

Winter Is Coming

The point of today's post is Strawberry Singh's weekly meme. This week we're going to talk about the winter season. I just turned our home sim to winter (surprise April and Ayla!) with the help of Alex Bader's gorgeous Studio Skye textures and landscaping so taking a photo was easy. On to the challenge.

Meme Instructions: Take a wintery picture and/or answer the following questions about the season. Don’t forget to leave a link to your post in Berry's comments and share your picture in the Blog Memes Flickr Group.
  1. What is the December/Winter season like where you live? – I live in Ohio bordering Kentucky. We get snow most years, but not like they do further north. People transplanted from snowier climates snicker at how panicked we get when we're expecting a snowstorm. They all claim we don't know how to drive in the snow which may be true. But those superior northern snow drivers are used to driving on snow where roads lie flat. We're a city of hills, some quite steep. Go ahead Chicagoans! Stop at that red light at the bottom of Ravine Street and hope the bus behind you manages to stop, too!
  2. When you think of winter, what’s the first thing that pops into your head? – When I think about it it's romantic. Soft sweaters, cuddling under down comforters, hot chocolate with marshmallows, that sort of thing. Reality is different. Scraping car windows, shoveling sidewalks, hoping the ice storm doesn't break limbs off of trees and knock down power lines.
  3. Have you ever played any extreme winter sports? – When my two sons were little I decided we would all learn how to ski. We needed some outdoor activity for the winter. I'm glad I made that decision. The boys are pretty good skiers - one has also taken up snowboarding - while I have always been happy making my way slowly down the green slopes. So to answer the question - no. My biggest goal in skiing was to make sure I knew how to slow down and stop.
  4. What do you like most about this season? – After December I must admit I'm kind of ready for Spring. I like the holidays and I like wearing the cozy sweaters. Hot chocolate is pretty cool, too.
  5. Do you celebrate Christmas, Hannukkah, Kwanzaa or another holiday during this time of year? – We're a multicultural family through marriage so we celebrate Christmas and Hannukkah with love and respect for both traditions.
Credits:

FATEplay Scarf - Evans
ISON - oversized wool coat (green)
LeeZu! Yukatan Pants and boots /olive
Tee*fy Turtle Neck Basic Sweater Grey 
TRUTH HAIR Dylan
Slink Avatar Enhancement Hands
Belleza - Leila Med 4 R


2 comments:

  1. How wonderful it must be in your house to celebrate both of those holidays. I know there are many activities for both. I love religious holidays like these because I feel even if we ourselves are not as religious, it still brings the family together and creates a bond. Thanks for sharing and I hope you and your family have a wonderful holiday season! <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree completely! The holidays are all about family for us.

      Delete