Thursday 24 April 2014

The Attitude Is In the Pose

 Hooray for poses! If you like taking pictures in Second Life you collect static poses. I have so many poses in my animations folder and they never get deleted. They don't age. A pose from 2008 can be just as fresh looking as a pose from 2014. Still I buy more. With Pose Fair in full swing until May 3rd, Strawberry Singh's weekly meme is about our favorite pose makers. Maybe I can make up for the times I forget to credit pose makers.

Meme Instructions: Share a picture of your favorite pose or a list of your favorite posemakers on the grid! Don’t forget to leave a link to your post in the comments and share your picture in the blog memes flickr group.

  1. In the top photo I'm smoking away in oOo Studio's Rita pose (number 4). Olaenka Chesnokov makes natural poses that fit me well. I look for poses that have energy in them, as if I am capturing someone mid-movement. The energy and attitude are easy to find when I use an oOo pose.
  2. Another posemaker I return to over and over again is Diesel Works. Rogan Diesel makes sexy poses suitable for fashion shoots that I can't resist. I have his pose stands scattered all over my platform and usually get dressed and accessorize for a fashion photo while standing on one.
  3. I'm in awe of Del May's work. Talk about attitude! Her couple and group poses are beautiful and unique. The single poses capture a carelessly perfect hipster vibe that I've never seen anywhere else.
  4. I'm a big fan of pose props. Sometimes I need a pose prop for inspiration. I snap up Chandni Khondji's Hopscotch pose props because they're cute and well thought out whether I'm riding a magic carpet, viking ship, or police call box!
  5. I hate to think that they aren't making new poses still, but I loved Olive Juice and Adorkable poses. My friend Aprilmae Devin has made some lovely poses when I bullied her into it and has them available at her store Alterior Motions.
 When I go to Pose Fair my mission is generally to find a new pose store or two to add to my ever-growing collection of poses and props. I really liked Infiniti's Walk the Line pose prop. It gave me something fresh and fun to photograph, and there are a good assortment of poses built in.

Credits:

Argrace Hair Victoria - Ginger (top photo)
Argrace Hair HARUKA - Copper (second photo)
Mon Cheri "Falsies" Eyelash - Upper+Lower
IKON Spectral Eyes - Amber
Maitreya * Hemlock * Half Tucked Shirt (New Release)
Maitreya Boyfriend Jeans - Sky (New Release)
BoHo HoBo Scarf Ladie's Small (candystripes)
Slink Avatar Enhancement Hands
Slink Female Feet (AvEnhance) - Mid
Glam Affair - Vera - America 02 F
 

2 comments:

  1. You're so right, poses never age! I still have some of the very first poses I ever bought. And I agree with all of your choices, especially Hopscotch! I forgot to mention her store in my post but it's one of my favs for props.

    ReplyDelete